Monday, August 16, 2010

My childhood has crept into my book: PM's daughter

Daman Singh, the novelist daughter of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, says her new book is about lost innocence and how childhood as an experience has changed over the years. Hers certainly was different from that of today's GenY, she says.

Daman Singh, whose second novel The Sacred Grove (HarperCollins-India) is just out, says some of her "childhood impressions" have crept into her work.

"I think today's child lives in a world that is very different from the one I knew as a child," Daman Singh told IANS in an interview. "The explosion of information, the vast opportunities, the access to technology: these are things I did not experience when I was young.

"But still, some things remain the same...like relationships with family and friends, the confusion of teenage years, the desperate need for unconditional love and respect. So some of my own childhood impressions do find their way into The Sacred Grove," said Daman Singh, whose novel was released last week.

Full report here Economic Times

No comments:

Post a Comment