Sunday, August 29, 2010

Khushwant Singh on Mending Souls and more

Khushwant Singh has been dealing with everyone taking a dig at his name and accusing him of being an impostor and riding on the fame of his namesake. But the young writer is taking it all in his stride. He humbly says, "I am honoured to be named after him (Khushwant Singh). When my first book came out, there was a lot of shor-sharaba in the media about my name, but it's just a name, India will never get another Khushwant Singh."

He clarifies that he has no intention of riding on the fame of the great author, "I respect him and my books have my picture and age clearly written to avoid and confusion. I don't know why he is miffed at me!"

His latest book, Mending Souls is an enlightening biography of Ratanjit Singh Sondhe, an entrepreneur, speaker, and eminent radio and television personality, internationally popular as Mr. Stress free.

Talking about the book Singh says, "Ratanjit has converted Gurunanak's Ek Onkara - the philosophy of oneness into a business model, similar to MBA, and implemented it at various stages of his life and created a huge business empire. Ratanjit elucidates the philosophy of oneness - the 25 habits through which one can achieve self-integration and social integration."

Full report here Hindustan Times

No comments:

Post a Comment