Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gori tales

It is not so unusual to come across people who adore their pets no end, but not too many would pen a book on them.Delhiite Habib Rehman's book “A Home for Gori” is a poignant love story between a dog and his master.

Habib Rehman's just-published book A Home for Gori stands out in more ways than one. It is not so unusual to come across people who adore their pets no end, but not too many would pen a book on them. Stranger still, rarely would you chance upon someone who decides to move into a house simply because his pet is buried close by. Rehman, a well-known name in the Indian hospitality industry, is happily responsible for doing both.

At his Panchsheel Park bungalow — just a stone's throw from the grave of his pet dog Gori – Rehman is all geared up to muse over “A Home for Gori”, his wordy tribute to the canine friend, released by Roli to coincide with her fifth death anniversary. He begins from where the idea for the book began. “After retirement, I had the plan to settle down in a farmhouse somewhere. Instead, I decided to buy a house in Panchsheel Park as my pet Gori lies buried there. Pramod (Kapoor of Roli) by chance had asked me about my change of plans and I told him why. He was very moved by it and prodded me to write about Gori.”

Full report here Hindu

No comments:

Post a Comment