Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rushdie praises Chennai-based author

Chennai-based poet, dancer and writer Tishani Doshi, who's already making waves world-wide with her debut novel The Pleasure-Seekers, is no stranger to the spotlight.

Tishani, a literary debut, who has been working at for eight years, has already got high praise from stalwarts like author Salman Rushdie.

“I'd guess at about eight years from conceiving the idea to writing and editing. The main story was to take the love story of a Welsh woman and Indian man, and that was definitely taken from my real life, my mother is Welsh, father is Indian. I wanted to re-tell that story in my own way, and I wanted to tell an alternative family history in my own way - in a way to find out about myself,” said Tishani.

Full report here IBN Live

No comments:

Post a Comment