Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An officer and a poet

There’s a ‘mahakavi’ in UP government exploring Ambedkar. At present posted as chief development officer (CDO) of Etah district, PCS officer Raj Kumar Sachan ‘Hori’ is busy giving a final shape to his composition titled ‘‘Babasaheb Charitmanas’’ these days.

“I identify with Babasaheb’s philosophy of life...in fact I idolise him and this so here’s my way of telling people about him,” the author-officer told TOI. The 450-page book is divided into seven segments covering events of Ambedkar’s life. An audio CD containing a section of the book has already hit the stands in Maharashtra. “It will be available for sale in Lucknow very soon,” Sachan says.

Sachan says that the inspiration to pen the book came about three years ago. Once in a state of deep meditation, he dreamt of talking to Ambedkar. “Sitting by my side, he expressed grief over the way poorest of poor were being treated. He told me that being a poet, it was my duty to do something about it,” he said.

Full report here Times of India 

No comments:

Post a Comment