Saturday, April 17, 2010

Publishing in India is a step in the dark

An expert in digital publishing who is spearheading Penguin’s e-book initiatives, he was in India to launch Shobhaa De Books, Penguin India’s new imprint for books related to lifestyle, the celebrity world, fashion, film and culture

What are your first thoughts on the iPad? Is it going to alter the e-book market further?
I haven’t used the iPad yet because it launched while I was here. I am waiting like a small child for it. But the Kindle and the iPad serve different purposes and they’re very good at what they do. The Kindle is aimed at very serious book readers; the iPad is a more versatile platform for books, video, audio and gaming. So I think the iPad will attract a younger audience. As long as we can sell through them, I don’t mind either.

Full interview here Mint

No comments:

Post a Comment