Monday, April 19, 2010

Shekhar Kapur approaches Waltz for Paani

Having worked with international stars like Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger on his movies, internationally acclaimed Indian filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has now pitched a role to Oscar-award winner Christoph Waltz for his long pending project Paani.

“(It was) just one of those days where I was going to drudge around complaining to myself about not believing in the scene I just wrote for Paani…I sat and it suddenly came to me. Something I have been wanting to do for long. Very long. I picked the phone and called my agent and said I want to speak to Christoph Waltz, the amazing actor that won the Oscar for his performance in Inglourious Basterds,” Kapur posted on his blog www.shekharkapur.com/blog on Sunday.

“…And so that evening I spoke to Christoph and pitched him Paani. I told him the story and the world of Paani. I told him about the character I wanted him to play. And he said he loved it. And we decided to meet to see how we can work it out etc.,” he added.

Full report here Entertainment Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment