Friday, September 24, 2010

Arya Babbar turns comic book writer

Bollywood actor Arya Babbar has embarked on a new career as he released his first comic book in Delhi on Wednesday, Sep 22. Arya launched his first graphic comic book titled Pushpak Viman, which, according to him, is a contemporary take on Hindu mythology.

"I like to write a lot. It is one of my stress busters. Moreover, I am a huge fan of mythological stories. I have been working on this book for the past three-and-a-half or four years. Pushpak Viman has been a major link between two biggest mythological epics Ramayana and Mahabharata," Arya told reporters during the comic book's launch at the Oxford Book Store here.

"I did a lot of research to get my facts right while I was writing the book. While most people know that after abducting Sita, Ravana had taken her to Lanka on the Pushpak Viman in Ramayana, not many know that in Mahabharata, Yudhisthira went to heaven on the same vehicle."

Full report here Hindustan Times

No comments:

Post a Comment