Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hindi cinema has its own language: Advaitya Kala

After Almost Single, author Advaita Kala’s next is the script of Anjaana Anjaani and the story of Sujoy Ghosh’s Kahaani.

How did the script of Anjaana Anjaani happen? 
Siddharth (Anand, director) contacted me after reading Almost Single. His wife Mamta had a story idea; I loved the premise and felt it could be developed into something interesting. But I was still unsure, so I took a couple of days, in which I wrote a bio for the characters, gave them names and decided to live with them for a bit. In two days I knew I liked them enough and could tell their story. So I called Siddharth and said I would do it.

Did you need any guidance to write your first script? 
Siddharth asked me to think of him as an editor, so that’s how I worked. He has a great sense of narrative balance — an understanding of how a story needs to be crafted for film. Hindi cinema has its own language, and Siddharth is fluent in it.

Full interview here Indian Express

No comments:

Post a Comment