Monday, September 13, 2010

'I'm a maverick, can't mediate between Govt and Maoists'

Noted author Arundhati Roy has suggested that a committee of experienced people should be formed to mediate between the Maoists and government but ruled out being a part of it, saying she does not have the "skills" required to be a mediator. "Not really. I would not like to be (a mediator or part of people's committee to mediate between government and Maoists). I don't think I have those skills," she told CNN-IBN's Devil's Advocate programme.

"I don't know. I don't think (that) I would be good at it you know. I am a maverick.....I'll try. I don't know how to think about it," she said.

The author was asked whether she would be prepared to be a mediator or a part of any committee formed to mediate between the Maoists and the government.

Full report here Hindustan Times

No comments:

Post a Comment