Saturday, September 10, 2011

"I feel safe in New York"


Ten years after terror struck New York's Twin Towers Sep 11, 2001, Islamic writer and reformist Irshad Manji who is of Indian-Egyptian descent finds the US financial powerhouse the safest place to live in.

"I am grateful for the freedom this country has given me and I will not be silenced," Manji, the author of the controversial Allah, Liberty and Love: The Courage to Reconcile Faith and Freedom, told from New York.

New York is the same city that froze with "shock and awe" when Al Qaeda killer planes tore through the towers of the World Trade Centre, killing nearly 3,000 people and maiming many in crowded Manhattan.

"I feel safe in New York city and I don't say that lightly. I haven't felt safe in Toronto where I lived earlier. The New York police department (NYPD) knows what it takes to hold the city's secular fabric together.

Full report here Times of India

No comments:

Post a Comment