Sunday, April 11, 2010

Amish Tripathi's going digital

If you think that number crunching may be this IIM Kolkata graduate’s favourite pastime, you will be mistaken. While Amish Tripathi, the author of The Immortals of Meluha wanted to be a historian, the dream of a plump salary cheque paved his way to the reputed business school. But the 35-year-old confesses, "I would be a historian if I had the money. I was interested in writing on philosophy but my family told me it didn't pay. So, it was finance that I followed."

A first-time author, Amish was in no doubt that it would be difficult for him to bag a top-notch publication house. Instead, he decided to rely on his management and marketing skills to make sure that the market was ready to receive his book. He says, "I would be lying if I said that I was sure I would get a big publisher for my first novel. I was a finance guy and a staunch believer in digital marketing that has a better reach in the books market. It actually puts up a conversation rather than a two-minute wire on the same."

Full report here DNA

No comments:

Post a Comment