Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dreams on a palette

Pune-based author Paritosh Uttam has penned an engaging new book, veering off from his software engineering coded path

City-based author Paritosh Uttam held up the product of his literary alter-ego when he recently unveiled his latest novel titled Dreams in Prussian Blue. With a BTech from IIT Madras and MTech from IISc, Bangalore, Uttam's professional and authorial lives run parallel, and in full steam. He explains, “Books and reading were always encouraged at home, so it was no surprise that I got hooked on to reading quite early. When you read so much, your tastes are bound to grow and evolve. What I do as an engineer hardly has any bearing on my interest in literature, at least not in reading. In writing, my engineering background probably influences how I go about plotting and structuring my novel. How I think of going from point A to point B, or how I keep track of chronological time versus narrative time, and so on.”

Full report here Indian Express

No comments:

Post a Comment