Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Banker-turned-author launches new book


Banker-turned-author Amish Tripathi on Monday launched the sequel to his national bestseller, “The Immortals of Melluha”, at Starmark, South City Mall in Kolkata.

The 2nd book in the Shiva trilogy is called The Secret of The Nagas furthers the tale of a fictional man called Shiva who through his deeds becomes a legend and is eventually heralded as the god “Mahadev”.

The book entwines mythology with history and philosophy but delivers all that hidden beneath a veil of believable characters including Shiva who embarks on a riveting adventure.

The 36-year-old Indian Institute of Management (Kolkata) passout commented on his book by saying, “I have tried my best to combine everything I have learned. I didn’t write the book myself and rather I just surrendered to the flow and let the characters develop on their own.”

Tollywood actor Arindam Shil praised Amish by calling him “The Jeffrey Acrher of India”.

“The best part I think was that, here I could see characters whom we have personified but they are so flesh and blood,” he said.

Full report here Indiablooms

No comments:

Post a Comment