Monday, March 29, 2010

Big B lauds Pune's role in promoting Marathi

He came, he recited poems, and he conquered! Superstar Amitabh Bachchan on Sunday, March 28 mesmerised 20,000 or so literature lovers in Pune. He not only expressed gratitude to Maharashtra and its people for everything he has gained in life, but he also recited some poems by his father, the late Harivansh Rai Bachchan, which had the audience spellbound.

Bachchan was in Pune to attend the concluding session of the three-day all-India Marathi literary conference. Addressing the gathering, he said, “I consider myself part of Maharashtra. This state has given me name, fame, home, wife, children and even criticism, which is necessary for one’s life.

“Whatever I am at present has been due to Maharashtra. In my 68 years, I have lived in Mumbai for 41. And I consider myself part of this glorious state.”

Full report here DNA

No comments:

Post a Comment