Monday, February 22, 2010

Bringing Sufi Paranja Katha to life

Prakash Bare is perhaps living his dream. But his journey from a cozy life as a techie to movies has been an eventful one. His maiden Malayalam venture as a producer, Sufi Paranja Katha directed by the National Award winning director Priyanandanan released last week. Besides being the film's producer, Prakash also plays an important role in the film, which is based on K P Ramanunni's novel. Prakash Bare talks exclusively to rediff.com about his stint as a producer as well as an actor.

You are a techie by profession. So why films?
Cinema has always been my passion since childhood. I was drawn to the theatre even when I was on campus. I was the best actor in the university inter-zone festivals. Later, I moved out of Kerala for Silicon Valley for a job/ entrepreneurship. Even in California I continued to be active in plays. After my first venture, I decided to return and reconnect with literature, theater and above all, cinema. Currently I am exploring various projects in entertainment, education and energy space.

What attracted you to Sufi Paranja Katha
Sufi Paranja Katha is a compelling and visually strong story, which is globally relevant. It is being made by a talented film maker, Priyanandanan, who is passionately committed to make a film version of it. Having seen various societies around the world, I consider the way of living that Sufi portrays in the book as unique and valuable. Considering the significant changes our society has been going through in the last couple of decades, I believe that Sufi is a story which has to be told; a story which will force the society here as well as around the world to take a step back, think and look at things differently.

Full interview here Rediff 

No comments:

Post a Comment