Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If people want me to perform, I will: Biddu

Biddu has been on a break from music for quite some time now. Busy writing a couple of books, out of which his first book — an autobiography aptly titled Made In India releases this week. But now, Biddu has just recieved a lifetime achievement award at the Annual India Rock Awards.

On a high: BidduThis will be Biddu’s first performance in the city in eight years. Biddu jokes, “I guess the last time I performed here was when the British were still ruling us!” He adds, “I am really relieved that I got this award before I hit the bucket.


He feels that these awards weren’t there during the 80s and it’s a good sign for the rock bands. “We are no longer that old country, we are a young India. We have so many musicians in this country who need a boost. Bollywood I think has atleast nine awards every year. We should have more awards and even awards for pop singers,” says Biddu.

Full report here DNA

No comments:

Post a Comment