Friday, October 1, 2010

‘Reading for me is content-centric’

Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan
I have been a voracious reader all my life. I wouldn’t say I read anything and everything that comes my way, but I read fiction, non-fiction, love stories, drama and when I am in a mood for some serious reading, I pick up religious, spiritual and philosophical books.

Listen, Little Man by Wilhelm Reich remains my best read till date. The author was put in jail for his thoughts and from jail he wrote this book. He died a day before he was to be given parole.

Then, Graham Hancock’s Fingerprints of the Gods has been an amazing read. Reading in my case is not author-centric rather it is content-centric. Most of the times authors put in all that they know in their first book and the ones to follow are the subsets of their first creation. Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet and Jiddu Krishnamurthy’s The First and Last Freedom fall in this category.

Full report here Deccan Chronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment